Charles D. Schmidt
Attorney ￨ email@example.com ￨ (414) 930-3909
- Marquette University Law School, J.D., Cum Laude
- University of Wisconsin – Madison, B.A. (History)
Awards and Recognitions
- Martindale-Hubbell “AV Preeminent” Peer Review Rating, 2010-Present
- Avvo “Superb” Rating, 2010-Present
- M Magazine Leading Lawyers, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Burton Awards for Legal Achievement Special Honorary Mention for Legal Writing, 2000
- Silver Quill Award for Student Writing in the Marquette Law Review, 2000
- Marquette Law Review, 1998-2000 (Note and Comment Editor, 1999-2000)
- Sweet Water Foundation, Inc. Co-Founder and Director, 2009-2010
- Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers (now Wisconsin Association for Justice) Amicus Curiae Brief Committee Member, 2005-2007
- Milwaukee Young Lawyers Association Director, 2003-2004
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan, 2006
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, 2000
- United States District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin, 2000
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2000
- State of Wisconsin, 2000
Practice Areas and Clients
I have been assisting individuals and businesses, from sole proprietors to Fortune 100 corporations, for more than 17 years. My practice focuses on insurance recovery, exclusively on behalf of policyholders (never on behalf of insurance companies), and construction, commercial, and business litigation.
What types of cases I handle
I handle insurance claims and construction, commercial, and business disputes. I successfully have represented individuals and businesses in matters big and small, from less than $10,000 to more than $100,000,000, across the country.
why i enjoy being a lawyer
I am a translator.
You know your case. Your claims. Your defenses. It’s your personal, professional, and financial well-being on the line.
I am your interpreter. I investigate your case. I research your case. I present your case. I care about your case. And with the combination of knowledge, preparation, and professionalism on which I pride myself, I successfully can translate your needs and goals into terms the person deciding the fate of your case, the insurance adjuster, the judge, the jury, the arbitrator, will care about too. This generally makes all the difference.
why clients ask me for help
I protect my clients. I am committed to helping each and every one attain the best possible outcome with the least possible time, cost, or stress. I prepare meticulously. I communicate candidly. I advocate efficiently and effectively. And I never set aside my moral compass.
what i did before murdock law, s.c.
I was born in Heidelberg, Germany to a United States military family. I attended Marquette University Law School, where I graduated in the top 10% of my class. And I subsequently honed my legal skills serving as a law clerk at the Wisconsin Supreme Court, a litigation and appellate lawyer at some of Wisconsin’s preeminent litigation firms, and amicus counsel for Wisconsin’s largest voluntary bar organization.
what i do outside murdock law, s.c.
My sprightly wife and elderly pug and I split time between Milwaukee, Wisconsin and Jacó, Costa Rica. When I am not working, I enjoy spending time with family and friends, reading, hiking, running, traveling, and surfing. A lot of surfing.