Milwaukee: Murdock Law is pleased to announce that it has joined the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (“NARI”). We are just one of a handful of Milwaukee Construction Lawyers who are members of NARI. NARI is the premier trade association for the remodeling industry. NARI’s goals of encouraging ethical conduct, sound business practices, and professionalism in the remodeling industry have led to the growth of the remodeling industry nationwide and made us a recognized authority in that industry.
All members of NARI have pledged to uphold the following ethics:
- Each member of the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council is pledged to observe high standards of professionalism, ethics, honesty, integrity, and responsibility in the conduct of business;
- By promoting only those products and services which are functionally and economically sound, environmentally appropriate, and resource conscious and which are consistent with objective standards of health, safety and sanitation;
- By acting in good faith toward the public, other professionals and all customers;
- By refraining from any association with any enterprise whose business practice conflicts with this code or an apparent conflict of interest;
- By encouraging the development of new materials, home improvement techniques, equipment and/or improved methods of financing to provide the most value to each customer;
- By making all advertising and sales promotion factually accurate with respect to product description, performance specifications, and cost/benefit analysis, and by avoiding those practices which tend to mislead or deceive the customer with respect to competitive pricing, savings claims, or the nature and significance of contracts, warranties, finance agreements, completion certificates, lien waivers, or liability and workers’ compensation insurance;
- By writing all contracts and warranties such that they are fair and mutually beneficial to all parties concerned, such that they are free of ambiguities or omissions which tend to be obscure contractual obligations, and such that warranty terms and provisions are free of the capacity to mislead or deceive the customer as to the quality or longevity of the product or service;
- By honoring all contractual obligations until and unless they are altered or dissolved by the mutual consent of all contractual parties concerned, and by fulfilling those obligations in a reasonably prompt manner that is fair to all parties concerned;
- By promptly acknowledging and acting on all customer complaints and, in situations where complaints appear unresolvable and persistent, by encouraging the customer to initiate an approved third party dispute settlement mechanism;
- By maintaining strict compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, rules, regulations and standards of practice;
- By using the Milwaukee/NARI logo and name with integrity and dignity;
- By refraining from any conduct, action or inaction that violates this Code of Ethics, the Bylaws and/or Milwaukee/NARI policies and procedures, or otherwise degrades the objectives and purposes of Milwaukee/NARI; and
- By refraining from any act intended to restrain trade or suppress competition, and to thereby promote the private enterprise system and its guarantee of equal rights for all.
Updated January, 2009.
By joining NARI, Murdock Law is maintaining our position as leading Milwaukee Construction Lawyers by surrounding ourselves with construction and remodeling companies that are similarly dedicated in achieving excellence in the Wisconsin Remodeling industry. Anthony Murdock has presented seminars for NARI on important legal issues such as contracting requirements and how to comply with the requirements of the Home Improvement Practices Act.